Friday, November 14, 2008

Lantern Walk

While I don't have any pictures of our walk, (since it was too dark!) I wanted to share this close up that Joy took of one of the lanterns that we made for the walk.
We spent a whole day baking bread, decorating lanterns with old jewelery, cutting flowers out of old magazines from our "chop box", and it was a beautiful, relaxing, quiet day.
To end it with a trip to my friend's farm made it just perfect. The sky was just about dark when we arrived, pulling in to the sight of a tiny fire next to their pond. A row of lanterns soon completed the scene, and the long row of children singing and swinging their candle lanterns had me wishing for my own lantern walk at our home!
We wove in and out among the fruit trees with our lanterns, and ended the short peaceful visit with all of us hushing to respect the coyotes we could hear howling on the next hill.
I spoke to Janese, so expect next years family dress-up party to start with a horse cart ride at our home, followed by a lantern walk, then off to Janeses' for the food, games and candy!!!



No comments: